It doesn’t matter who you are, where you live or where you work the one thing we have in common which we cannot escape is ourselves and others!
The reality is that the quality of our lives depends on how we get-on with ourselves and the people around us – family, friends, teachers, work colleagues to name a few.
Transactional Analysis is a rich theory of human development, personality and communication. TA offers diverse ways of understanding more deeply how we relate to ourselves, others, the natural environment and the wider world in which we live, work, love and play in every day.
Not understanding ourselves and others, especially our differences, can cause breakdown in communication which is one of the greatest causes of stress and other mental health difficulties.
Award: EATA internationally recognised certificate (12 hours CPD)
The TA101 is the requirement for those wanting to apply for the Foundation Year in TA with Red Kite or go onto further TA training in all fields – Psychotherapy, Education, Counselling and Organisational..
We offer interim exit points and qualifications to suit the needs of individual trainees. See more details of Red Kite Awards and Training Structure here.
People talking about why they find Transactional Analysis helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the course content of TA101?
- UNDERLYING PHILOSOPHICAL VALUES OF TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS;
- TA’s AREAS OF APPLICATION – EDUCATION, PSYCHOTHERAPAY, COUNSELLING AND ORGANISATIONAL
- THEORY OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT – Psychological hungers; Symbiosis.
- THEORY OF LIFE PATTERNS – Script.
- THEORY OF PERSONALITY – Ego States.
- THEORY OF COMMUNICATION – Transactions.
- THEORY OF EMOTIONS – Authentic feelings and Racket feelings.
- THEORY OF PSYCHOPATHOLOGY – Decontamination, Passivity, unhealthy Symbiosis and Discounting.
- THEORY OF PSYCHOLOGICAL GAMES – Drama Triangle.
What are the aims of the TA101?
- Describe basic concepts of TA;
- Begin to apply basic TA concepts to relationships; problem solving; some mental health difficulties.
- Begin to classify a range of internal processes and interpersonal behaviours using TA concepts to understand self and other.
How is the TA101 delivered?
Learning takes place through a mixture of didactic teaching, reflective and creative/experiential exercises (these may also be outside), interactive discussion and in pairs/triads and bigger group.
What are the upcoming dates of next TA101s?
To be updated soon once Covid restrictions are clearer. If you are interested please send us your enquiry and we will contact you.
Who will my Trainer be?
Carol Wain (see profile here)
How much does the TA101 cost?
£165.00 for 2 days training. The cost if paid by an organisation is £190.00
How do I apply?
- Fill in enquiry form to introduce yourself and find out more before applying;
- Complete and return a Red Kite TA101 application form here
- Have a brief informal phone interview with the Training Director if required.
- The Training Director will offer you a place by email
- To confirm your place you will need to send full payment (there is no refund once booked if you have to cancel; you can however request to transfer to the next TA101 if there are spaces)
How do I pay for my place?
Booking system – £165.00 (Individual fee) or £190.00 (Organisational fee). We will send you the Red Kite bank details upon offering you a place on the course.
What is the location?
Liverpool Hope University Hope Park L16 9JD (see directions here) The course will be on ZOOM if Covid restrictions do not allow or we have a small group.
Is there car parking?
Car parking is available on-site at £2 per day.
Where is the nearest train station or bus route?
The nearest train station is Wavertree Technology Park; nearest bus stop is outside Hope University or on Woolton Road.
What are the timings of the training days?
10am to 5pm. Please arrive at 9:45 on Saturday for registration.
Do I need to bring my own refreshments/lunch?
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided at the beginning of the day and at mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
You can bring lunch or there are shops/cafés nearby. Directions will be given on the day. There is an on-site cafeteria open on Saturday only.
Is there any pre-course reading or handouts?
Comprehensive handouts, PowerPoints, teaching notes, reading list will be given to you as part of the training. Please bring pen and notebook for your own notes.
What CPD do I receive?
This course counts as 12 hours CPD. You will receive an Official TA101 Certificate upon successful completion. This is the prerequisite to all TA training courses.
If you are interested in booking onto a course, the first step is to fill in the form below, we will then call you to discuss everything.